Janet served on the WOPOA Board of Directors in 2020 as Secretary/Treasurer and in 2021 as Treasurer. Having been an active member of the Windermere community and regular attendee of board meetings over the last couple decades, she brings historical reference and continuity to our community. She would be an excellent choice for re-election and would serve the Windermere community extremely well. The Friends of Windermere support Janet.
I have been a property owner in WO since 1995. This past year, I served on the WOPOA Board of Directors in the position of Secretary-Treasurer. I feel truly blessed to live in Windermere Oaks with my husband of 54 years. I wish to continue serving our community in any way that I can, so that everyone can enjoy the beauty and peace that we have experienced. Over the years, I have served on the Social and 1-3-5 Planning Committees, attended Board meetings, and participated in work days. The 1-3-5 Committee developed the Reserve Study which helps guide the Board for timelines of needed infrastructure repairs and replacement.
I attended the University of Texas and after our two sons were in elementary school, I completed my degree in Secondary Business Education at the U. of Houston where I taught for a short time after graduation. I then directed my work experience to Richard’s dental practice where I managed the office and staff; facilitated patients’ scheduling and insurance filing; collected all receivables; and assisted chairside when needed. During that time, I continued to serve on several boards in positions that led to being President of both the Greater Houston Dental Alliance and the Alliance of the Texas Dental Association. I have continued as Treasurer of the GHDA and am serving a third two-year term as Treasurer of the ATDA. I enjoyed my ten years on the TDA Council on Legislative and Regulatory Affairs where I interacted with legislators and advocated for Texas dentists. For four consecutive legislative sessions, I co-chaired the TDA Legislative Day at the Capitol. I served on the TDA DENPAC Board for many years and currently serve on the TDA Smiles Foundation Board that since 2001, through Texas Mission of Mercy volunteers, has provided over $24,585,000 in donated dental care to over 41,000 patients in Texas. I am also currently Bylaws Chair and Parliamentarian of the BCRW.
My interests in participating on the Board of Directors are:
- To contribute to open communication with all members of the WOPOA.
- To control expenses in a fiscally conservative manner with careful attention to details.
- To promote members’ involvement in all Association activities.
- To maintain the existing amenities and recommend adherence to Restrictions by property owners. As a full-time resident, I can be aware of community needs and be available to take action.
- To enforce all governing documents (Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and Restrictive Covenants).
- And most importantly, to provide continuity in the fiscal business of the Association as we choose a new management company and expedite a successful transition.